Brevard County is better known to many as the Space Coast – a nickname it got from being the home of the Kennedy Space Center and its location along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean in eastern Florida. It’s a nickname that aptly describes what you can expect from this sundrenched region – gorgeous beaches, year-round sunny weather, raw natural beauty and the occasional rocket launches into outer space.
You get the best of two worlds in this fascinating area – a year-round resort lifestyle and the economic perks of a technology-driven region. The Kennedy Space Center is a top employer in the area along with large corporations that have their headquarters or offices here. And with the county’s ideal location, residents are only about an hour away from the business, employment and recreational opportunities in Orlando.
About 23% of Brevard County remains agricultural. Citrus growing is a major source of income, along with cattle raising, aquaculture and other agriculture-based businesses. Those who prefer the ranching or farming lifestyle will find plenty of options here.
Brevard County Real Estate
Brevard County is composed of 10 cities, 6 towns, 11 census designated places, and several unincorporated communities. Each of these offers their own unique charm, attractions and benefits, reflecting the county’s diverse nature.
Brevard County is home to beach cities that make the area popular to tourists and homebuyers who seek the resort lifestyle. Some of Central Florida’s most luxurious oceanfront homes are found right here.
Part of Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway also runs through the county, along with wildlife-rich rivers like the Indian River and the Banana River. A few of the county’s most sought-after communities are located on barrier islands bordered by the ocean and the river, offering a diverse array of waterfront homes.
The housing stock in Brevard County is as varied as the area. Single-family homes come in a wide range of sizes and prices – from expansive estates to more affordable single-family homes to condominiums. Oceanfront and Intracoastal properties are aplenty, as well as golf and retirement homes. There are also non-waterfront homes that make for lower priced choices while remaining conveniently close to the beach or the Intracoastal.
All around the county, you will find both new construction and older homes – some of which are historic properties. Most of the newer developments are found west of I95.
The best part about Brevard County real estate is that it is generally priced lower than the national average, giving homebuyers fantastic value for their money.
Here are just a few of the most notable communities in Brevard County:
- Cape Canaveral – Adjacent to Port Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral is a popular tourist destination and sought after location for homes and businesses. The frenetic activities that go on in its high profile neighbors have not diminished Cape Canaveral’s relaxing beach community vibe.
- Cocoa Beach – Located on a barrier island between the Atlantic Ocean and the Banana River, Cocoa Beach offers myriad natural attractions, as well as the excitement from the nearby Kennedy Space Station.
- Melbourne – Known as the “Harbor City”, this fast-growing city offers great beach access while remaining conveniently close to Orlando and its world famous attractions
- Grant-Valkaria – This stunning rural area offers plenty of opportunities for an outdoorsy lifestyle
- Micco – This residential community features a waterway that leads directly to the Sebastian inlet, offering residents an array of outdoor adventures
With the great variety in Brevard County real estate, you need the experience and local knowhow of a real estate professional to guide you to the right property. Saltwater Realty is the realtor to call. Get in touch with her at 321.720.0409, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.