Brevard County’s great location makes it a unique and highly desirable community. Found in Florida’s Treasure Coast region, the county features 26 miles of pristine white sand beaches, a wealth of natural preserves, and scenic riverfronts – all providing a myriad of outdoor opportunities.
The county’s central location is ideal for business and commerce, putting it just within a 3-hour drive to 90% of Florida’s population and less than 90 minutes away from the iconic destinations in Orlando. Since its establishment in the 1920s, Brevard County has been flourishing both economically and culturally.
With an average temperature of 74 degrees, proximity to the ocean, and well-preserved natural beauty, the area is also a tourist magnet. People from all over Florida and the rest of the United States come to this beautiful region where development is planned with nature and cultural preservation in mind.
The serene landscapes and waterscapes, small-town feel, economic opportunities and rich cultural scene make for a wonderful quality of life that constantly attracts new residents.
Indian River Real Estate
Brevard County is made up of 5 incorporated municipalities, each one a destination on its own with its one-of-a-kind charm and attraction. Real estate in these communities is also widely varied, reflecting the lifestyle in each.
- Sebastian is a sought-after river city with a wide variety of property types, including single-family homes, villas, condos, mobile homes and more. It boasts stunning waterfront properties with great views of the river and/or the Intracoastal Waterway. Many of the homes in the city are available for rent to tourists and visitors.
- Vero Beach is a sophisticated community featuring stunning estates, golf community homes, beachfront condos with river and ocean access, and regular sized homes that are perfect for young families.
- Fellsmere is a rural community where you’ll find great starter homes, as well as ranch or farm properties.
- Indian River Shores is a master planned community composed of several gated neighborhoods featuring stunning single-family homes, condos and townhomes.
- The Town of Orchid is a small and prestigious golf community featuring luxurious homes with great views of the ocean, river or golf course.
Things to see and do in Brevard County
If you’re a resident of Brevard County, you will never run out of recreation options. Here are some of your choices:
- Water adventures
Brevard County has “water, water everywhere”, thanks to its carefully preserved natural features and unspoiled beaches. The area boasts some of the best fishing spots in the world, as well as numerous water activities like kayaking, canoeing, diving and more.
- Nature encounters
The county’s extensive park system and nature preserves offer plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with nature. The San Sebastian River and Indian River Lagoon are home to diverse habitats where hundreds of wildlife species thrive. You can go fishing, canoeing, and kayaking on the waterways, or hiking and biking on the many trails along the lush preserves.
- Arts and culture
Brevard County features art galleries, museums and historic districts that highlight the area’s rich past and heritage. It’s home to various venues that stage Broadway plays, musical and comedy acts, community theater, ballet, opera and more. Art classes and lecture series are also regularly held around the county.
Brevard County is made up of the highly-livable and desirable communities of Sebastian, Vero Beach, Fellsmere, Indian River Shores and Orchid, as well as several census-designated places. Located in the stunning Treasure Coast region of Florida, these communities feature the raw beauty of nature, vibrant economies and tranquil small-town charm. The area’s wealth of attractions and opportunities make it a great place to live – whether you’re looking to raise a family or spending your golden years in style.
Take a look at what you can expect from this amazing county:
Homes for sale in Brevard County
People buy property in Brevard County to serve as their primary or secondary homes, or as an investment. Tourism is one of the county’s economic staples. Every year, thousands of visitors come here to enjoy its many attractions, resulting in a large demand for lodging. Investors will find great profit opportunities in homes for short or long-term use.
The housing stock in Brevard County ranges from condos and townhomes to single-family homes and grand estates. You’ll find gorgeous waterfront properties, whether along the beach or the waterway, giving you excellent access to the many water and outdoor activities in the area.
The best news is, real estate in the county is more affordable compared to most of Florida, so you get great value for your money.
If you’re interested in Brevard County real estate, Saltwater Realty is the Realtor to call. Get in touch with her at 321.720.0409, or send her an email at Patty@cfl.rr.com.
The City of Sebastian was included in Forbes’ 2017 list of The Best Small Places for Business and Careers. In addition to its robust tourism sector, the city also offers great employment and business opportunities in the field of aviation, owing in large part to the presence of the Sebastian Municipal Airport.
The county government has adopted a far-reaching economic development program where business retention and expansion are highly encouraged and supported. Each community has put several measures in place to attract investors in the area, including tax incentives and the building of industrial sites and central business locations that give residents easy access to the opportunities of neighboring communities.
The Brevard County School District is one of the highest-ranking school districts in Florida. It includes 27 schools, including elementary, middle and high schools, as well as charter schools. Some of the top-rated schools in the district are:
- Treasure Coast Elementary School
- Sebastian Charter Junior High School
- Sebastian Elementary School
- Vero Beach High School
- Sebastian River High School
- Wabasso School
- Indian River Charter High School
There are two primary healthcare facilities in the county:
- The Sebastian River Medical Center
- The Indian River Medical Center in Vero Beach, which is affiliated with the Duke University Heart Center
Attractions and activities
Brevard County is a year-round resort community, offering a host of outdoor attractions, including:
- Atlantic coast beaches – The county’s pristine white sand beaches lie along the North Brevard County stretch, which features some of the best full-service beaches in Florida.
- The Sebastian River Area – Spanning more than 20,000 acres of preserves, the area offers hiking, horseback riding, bird and wildlife watching, inshore fishing, and a host of other outdoor opportunities. The riverfront features a number of restaurants, as well as shops, art galleries, museums and more.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park – Covering more than 600 acres on both sides of the inlet, the park features activities like boating, camping, surfing, swimming and some of the best saltwater fishing on the Florida east coast.
- Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge – The first national wildlife refuge in the United States offers tours, fishing, hiking and other activities.
- Indian River Lagoon National Scenic Byway – This 233 mile stretch of road encompasses the entire Sebastian River Area, and runs from South Volusia County to Brevard County. It features historical and natural sites where you can find a host of recreational and cultural options.